Explores mental illness in the elderly; including dementia, depression, anxiety, phobia’s such as hoarding, schizophrenia, alcohol addiction, and bipolar disease. Behaviors and coping mechanisms of the mentally impaired client will be discussed along with common treatments and strategies for effective communication.Certified Nurse Assistants can earn 4 CEUs for the successful completion of this course.
Attention CNA and CHHA students: A scholarship is available to pay for this course. You must have a valid
Apply today funds are limited.
- Create a new student profile at communityed.sdce.edu
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach a copy of your valid license
- List the complete name of the course/s and the cost of the class you wish to enroll.
- You will be notified via email if your request is granted in whole or in part.
- Staff will complete the registration process.
Students may receive multiple scholarships for classes based on funding availability..